Sunday, September 4, 2011

Going Green




No, I am not on a "green" save-the-planet kick. (Although, with energy efficient appliances and 40 watt bulbs being the max you can put in a light fixture, I'm learning the government is forcing any new home to fit that bill.) But it certainly stands out being the only "green" house - literally - in the neighborhood of 250 homes in Russell Springs. The Cypress siding is being accented by Rustic Edge (textured taupe) shakes on the eaves. This will be complimented by cedar posts on the front porch with layered stone to tie it all together. The shutters will be a dark brown and the front door - I'm not sure yet. There's white trim on the green. I couldn't picture it but now that I see it, it's a nice finishing touch.

Drywall started going up and they were even hard at work Saturday. They're saying about 6 weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sean Cooney here..I'm an LU student living at on Addie, too. Just popped on here to see how things are going in your neck of the woods. My roommates and I love how the house is coming out...definitely the nicest one on the street! Watching the house go up, I was hoping you'd choose a unique color like sage green. Hope the fam. is recovering alright and that life is getting back to the norm. :)